Together we define the best plan for you
THEN WE EXECUTE IT, KEEPING YOU INFORMED AND FULLY UPDATED.
Our highest priority is to protect your assets at all times and in all markets. Equally as critical is for you to know what we’re doing, confident that your wishes are followed.
We’ve learned that nothing is more beneficial than getting what’s more important down in writing. To that end, we feature two simple and effective tools to accomplish it.
Your Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is the roadmap.
This is a brief statement that determines your individual investing comfort zone. The reward, the rate of return you’re seeking; and your tolerance for risk, the fluctuation in portfolio value. The IPS defines which types of investments, and how much of each, are right for you, and does that clearly and transparently.
Your IPS Confidential Questionnaire defines your needs.
Nothing is pulled out of thin air. We’ve developed an amazingly powerful tool to assist you and your Portfolio Manager to get to know each other. A confidential questionnaire asks all the right questions. After analysing your responses we prepare recommendations. We act when you and your portfolio manager have agreed upon benchmarks for success.
It’s always about you. If circumstances change, your IPS can be updated at any time.
We never fail to plan for uncertain and turbulent times.
Painful lessons were learned during the most recent financial crisis. Many companies failed, and too many investors lost much of what they’d worked all their lives for. TFP clients fared better thanks to our conservative, safety-first pro-active approach. It’s always been our way, but we present it in writing to reaffirm its importance and value.
- A written investment policy statement. Our IPS, guides future decisions, framing calm, thoughtful strategic response to uncertain markets.
- Risk transparency is simply essential. To us a requirement in building the right portfolio for an investor, that factors in personal as well as financial factors.
- Incorporating diversity and minimizing fees. A proven method of mitigating risk in contrast to portfolios with too many individual stocks or funds with too-high fees.
- We buy low, we sell high. Our emphasis is sound fundamental analysis while using technical analysis for entering and exiting positions. We aren’t trendy, we’re successful and we aim to protect your wealth in all markets.
- We avoid over-traders. It not only isn’t in an investor’s best interests but is proven to erode returns. Our long-term buy and hold strategy is proven, safe and effective.