TFP Investment Counsel Corp.’s Privacy Principles
Under the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act, our organisation, TFP Investment Counsel Corp. (TFP IC), is responsible for personal information under its control and has designated an individual who is accountable for TFP IC’s compliance with the following principles:
- Identifying Purposes – The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the organisation at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent – The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection – The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organisation. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy – Personal information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards – Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness – Our organisation will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access – Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance – An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual accountable for the organisation’s compliance.